What makes the Everest Skydive incredible?
- The Everest Skydive combines a dramatic high-altitude skydive with an incredible cultural experience.
- You’ll skydive in front of Mount Everest, the world’s tallest mountain.
- You’ll freefall past some of the world’s highest mountain peaks.
- You’ll land on one of the highest drop zones on the planet.
- You’ll visit Kathmandu and the Sherpa lands of the Everest region.
- You’ll explore Sagarmatha National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- You’ll experience the Himalayas from the sky and from the ground.
- Everest Skydivers become part of an elite international club of adventurers.
- It’s a chance to be part of international record books and history.
- No prior skydiving experience is required.
- You’ll receive incredible photos and video of your Skydive in Nepal.
- Trekking, lodging and most meals are included in the adventure price.
Are there any special requirements for Everest skydivers?
Jumpers should be at least 18 years old and in good physical health, but a physical disability may not prevent you from jumping. If you have any questions regarding your ability to skydive Everest, call or email Incredible Adventures. Tandem skydiving makes it possible for people to skydive who may be incapable of making a solo jump. If you are unable to complete the trekking portion of the program, we can suggest alternate ways to acclimatize to high-altitude.
What kind of aircraft is used for the Everest Skydive?
Everest skydivers jump from an AS 350 B3 Eurocopter helicopter. (Eurocopter is now Airbus Helicopters.) This is the leading rescue helicopter in the upper Himalaya region and is known for its incredible performance at high altitude. Our jump aircraft is piloted by experienced mountain and skydiving pilots.
Is the Everest Skydive Adventure safe?
Skydiving is an extreme sport and carries risks, including the risk of death. You will be required to sign a release of liability and assume all risks. That said, our team has been delivering Everest Skydives since 2008 and is made up of highly-experienced skydiving professionals. The equipment used is state-of-the-art. Safety is our number one priority.
When can I skydive Everest?
The Everest Skydive event is held annually, typically in October or November with an additional adventure sometimes offered in May. These months offer the best weather conditions for skydiving.
What is the cost?
$25,000 – Jumps at Syangboche.
$30,000 – Jumps at both Syangboche and Ama Dablam*.
$5000 to participate as an observer
*Jumps at Ama Dablam, the highest drop zone in the world, are subject to weather conditions.
Day 1 Arrive Kathmandu / Transfer to Hotel
Day 2 Sightseeing and familiarization in Kathmandu
Day 3 Fly to Lukla (2900m) / Trek to Phakding (2656m)
Day 4 Trek to Namche (3450m)
Day 5 Meet and Brief at Drop Zone and then return to Namche.
Day 6 Jump Day
Day 7 Jump Day
Day 8 Jump Day
Day 9 Fly to Lukla (back-up day)
Day 10 Fly to Kathmandu
Day 11 Depart Kathmandu
Note: Skydivers can elect to extend their adventure by five days and add a trek to Everest Base Camp.
When is the 2023 Everest Skydive?
November 5th – November 15th